Monday, July 19, 2010

herb crusted snapper...


so...this past weekend i was playing catch-up with my magazines.  truth be told...i only got thru the june issue of my food network mag...but that was enough to give me my idea for tonight's dinner.  

i grow quite a few herbs in my garden...and was drawn to the article on emeril and his new cookbook (farm to fork).  i make my own pestos..  i infuse my own oils.  i've never used herbs for breadcrumbs.  until today!  


fish - red snapper
herb topping - cilantro, dill, lemon zest, kosher salt, pepper.  
directions - drizzle olive oil on fish.  dip into herbs.    *bake on a bed of lemon slices & shallots at 400 degrees for 15-20 min. 

served w/rosemary roast potatoes & tossed salad.  delish!  

there was another fish recipe in the mag...sicilian swordfish...and nuts were added to the topping.  perhaps i'll try that one next time.  

btw...i hope you know...these are non-recipe recipes.  i cook with what we like...and what i have on hand w/o having to go to the store.  #justsayin

No comments:

Post a Comment