Wednesday, June 5, 2013

156/365

156/365 by credd
156/365, a photo by credd on Flickr.

spicy chicken wings.

today...
i got a new cookbook...
'the soul of a new cuisine'...
by marcus samuelsson.

i've been a fan of his for a while...
and his harlem restaurant...
'the red rooster'...
is on my 'yelp' bucket list.

this morning i took some chicken wings from the freezer...
planning to grill them when i returned home.
after receiving my book...
and looking thru a few of the pages...
particularly concentrating on the spices and rubs...
and discovering that i have quite a few of them...
i decided to bake my chicken instead.
of course...
the fact that the wind was whipping madly thru the backyard helped my decision.

to season the chicken...
i used berbere, cayenne and garlic salt...
and basted it with a mixture of bbq sauce, homemade hot sauce and honey...
topping it with scallions before serving with black rice.

i'm looking forward to cooking my way thru his book...
and sharing my journey through my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment